1892 The Carbon County Journal of August 27, 1892 announced the organization of the Herman Mining Camp and District. Both were named for John R. Herman.
1908 Stewart Post Office was established on August 27, 1908. It was
named for R. D. Stewart, the general superintendent of the Laramie
Plains Railroad Line. Its name was changed to Albany on December 31,
1908. Albany was the name of the Laramie, Hahn's Peak and Pacific
Railway Station at the location.