Place and Time Calendar‎ > ‎August‎ > ‎

August 3

posted Aug 2, 2014, 5:51 PM by vfe_ai_venice.beske@wyo.gov   [ updated Jan 2, 2019, 12:10 PM by State Library ]


1922 The Wyoming State Ledger of August 3, 1922 reported the "New town of Teapot" was being platted. Early cowboys of the Wyoming range gave the town its name from the rock formation nearby that resembles a teapot. Teapot Rock was also known as Teapot Dome. Because of its history, it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.