December 13

posted Dec 13, 2014, 6:07 AM by vfe_ai_venice.beske@wyo.gov   [ updated Aug 18, 2015, 1:06 PM by Travis Pollok ]


1812  On December 13, 1812, Robert Stuart and the Astorians who had built a cabin near Bessemer Bend for the winter, abandoned it. Fearing the return of a group of Arapaho Indians, who had discovered them a few days earlier, they moved their winter camp downstream to a site near present day Torrington.

1879 The Sixth Legislative Assembly on December 13, 1879, changed the name of Pease County to Johnson County.