Place and Time‎ > ‎May‎ > ‎

May 6

posted May 6, 2014, 4:45 AM by vfe_ai_venice.beske@wyo.gov   [ updated Aug 18, 2015, 5:33 PM by Bobbi Thorpe ]

1884 Fremont County was organized on May 6, 1884. The Eighth Territorial Legislative Assembly created Fremont County on March 5, 1884, defining its boundaries and naming Lander the county seat.


1935 On May 6, 1935,  President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed an executive order that created the Works Progress Administration (WPA). WPA workers built highways, schools, hospitals, airports and playgrounds. The WPA also put actors, writers and other creative arts professionals back to work by sponsoring federally funded plays, art projects, such as murals on public buildings, and literary publications. 

1987 The Parco Historic District in Sinclair was added to the National Register of Historic Places.