September 24

posted Sep 24, 2014, 5:26 AM by vfe_ai_venice.beske@wyo.gov   [ updated Aug 18, 2015, 8:58 AM by Travis Pollok ]

1906 On September 24, 1906, President Theodore Roosevelt proclaimed Devils Tower as a National Monument.  It was America's first National Monument.

1907 Kendrick Post Office in Sheridan County was established on September 24, 1907. Named for the late senator, John B. Kendrick, Kendrick was also a station on the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad.

1967 The Tri-Territory Historical Marker was dedicated on September 24, 1967.

1967 The Goodstein Foundation Library of Casper College was dedicated on September 24, 1967.