January 13

1869 Pine Bluffs Post Office was established on January 13, 1869 with Theodore H. Vail as postmaster.

1874 "An Act to incorporate Laramie City" was approved by Governor J.A. Campbell on December 12, 1873 to "take effect and be in force from and after the 13th day of January, 1874."

1888 On January 13, 1888, three post offices were established across Wyoming, including the Dry Piney Post Office in Uinta County (prior to the formation of Sublette County), the Searight Post Office in Carbon County (prior to the formation of Natrona County) later renamed Bessemer Post Office, and Killion Post Office in Crook County where Louisa Killion was the first postmaster.

1896 Croton Post Office was established on January 13, 1896 in Crook County. George W. Savage was its postmaster. It was renamed Echeta.

1899 On January 13, 1899, Senator F.E. Warren introduced a bill for a military post to be built in northeast Wyoming. The post was named Fort MacKenzie.