1862 Fort Halleck was established on July 20, 1862 in Carbon County, Wyoming. Named for Major General Henry W. Halleck, it was abandoned on July 4, 1866 and transferred to the Interior Department on October 11,1886.
1886 A public sale of town lots was held at Lusk. The July 23 issue of the Lusk Herald reported 43 lots sold. Earlier that month, the Wyoming Central Railroad finished laying tracks to Lusk. Read more of Lusk's early history at the Niobrara County Library's website here.