1863 The first newspaper in Wyoming, The Daily Telegraph, was published at Fort Bridger on June 26, 1863. H. Brundage, a telegraph operator, printed a little sheet of Civil War news for the members of the garrison and the residents in the vicinity. The issue of June 26, 1863, which was Volume 1, was published in a primitive manner and only printed on one side of the paper. (From Fort Bridger Historical Association)
1909 The people of Medicine Bow voted for incorporation of the town on June 26, 1909.