November 17

1894 Sloans Lake in Cheyenne is named for John Sloan who operated a dairy and received a patent on land nearby on November 17, 1894. It was originally named Lake Mahpalutah or Lake Makhpiahlutah and appeared with that name on Cheyenne maps through at least 1956 Locally, it was called Sloan's Lake and in 1959 it was labeled as such on maps of Cheyenne. It was officially renamed Sloan Lake in 1964 and today is known as Sloans Lake.

1916 The Wyoming State Journal of November 17, 1916 announced the establishment of a new Wyoming newspaper, the Dwyer Herald from the new town of Dwyer.