Photographs from left to right. Rock Quarry from which stone Ames Monument was built; Ames Monument, East side view; Ames Monument. J. E. Stimson, photographer. Courtesy of the Wyoming State Archives.
1892 On October 8, 1892, the Sheridan newspaper, Enterprise, reported the Burlington and Missouri Railroad had reached the new town of Clearmont. Huson and Clearmont were established about the same time. When the Burlington and Missouri Railroad came through, Clearmont, which was a "mile east of Huson," was chosen as the station.