December 8

1875 The Fourth Legislative Assembly created and defined the boundaries of Crook and Pease Counties on December 8, 1875. The Sixth Legislative Assembly on December 13, 1879 changed the name of Pease County to Johnson County.

1894 An article about the establishment of a station on the Oregon Short Line for the new town of Diamondville was published in the Evanston News Record of December 8, 1894.

1913 Pedro Post Office in Carbon County was established on December 8, 1913.

1920 Quealy Post Office in Sweetwater County was established on December 8, 1920. Quealy was the location of the Gunn-Quealy Coal Company.