1896 Know anything about Higgins, Wyoming? It was located near Big Piney. On this day in 1896, Higgins Post Office was established, yet discontinued in July of the same year. Irvine Steele was the postmaster. Why was it called Higgins?
1938 Beginning on February 8, 1938, the Alcova Reservoir was filled for testing purposes and by June it contained 125,000 acre-feet of water.