May 3

1881 On May 3, 1881, Camp Stambaugh was turned over to the Interior Department. Established in June, 1870, the camp was located 2 1/2 miles from Atlantic City and was named for 1st Lt. Charles B. Stambaugh, 2nd U.S. Cavalry who was killed in action near Miner’s Delight on May 4, 1870.

1909 On May 3, 1909, the people of Greybull voted for incorporation of their town.